Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
miaowang123 Offline

11.10.2019 05:09
32-year-old journeyman from Hawaii was virtually untou Antworten

DETROIT -- If the Texas Rangers are going to overcome the major injuries that have threatened their season, they likely will need significant contributions from rookies like Nick Martinez and Rougned Odor. Martinez pitched six sharp innings for his first major league win, and Odor drove in five runs with a pair of triples to lead the Rangers to a 12-2 rout of the Detroit Tigers on Saturday. Adrian Beltre and Donnie Murphy homered for Texas, which put slugger Prince Fielder on the disabled list this week with a neck problem that is expected to end his season. "Im convinced that I can go out and do it," Martinez said. "I think thats what separates major leaguers and minor leaguers, is that complete trust that they have in themselves." Martinez (1-1) allowed a run and eight hits. The Rangers scored four runs in the fourth, plus three each in the sixth and seventh. Rick Porcello (7-2) had won his last six starts before being knocked around by Texas. He allowed eight runs and 12 hits in 5 1-3 innings. Detroit has lost five of six. Leonys Martin, Murphy and Odor -- the last three hitters in the Texas batting order -- combined for eight hits, eight RBIs and seven runs. Odor had four hits after going 6 for 31 in his first 11 games. "It was nice to see the bottom of the order come through like that," Murphy said. "Its fun, because normally you dont see that. Odour, the day he had, that was unbelievable, and Martin, it was fun watching him too. Im glad that we were productive for the team today." Martinez was making his fourth start for the Rangers, and the 23-year-old right-hander lowered his ERA to 2.14. With Texas ahead 5-1 in the fifth, the Tigers put two men on, but Martinez got Torii Hunter to hit into an inning-ending force play with Miguel Cabrera looming on deck. Martinez ended his day by getting Nick Castellanos to line into a double play with the bases loaded in the sixth. The AL Central-leading Tigers have hit a rough patch. Theyve allowed 45 runs in the last six games, with their normally sturdy starting rotation suddenly looking vulnerable. For the second time in three days, Detroit used knuckleballing infielder Danny Worth to pitch the final inning of a blowout loss. Worth struck out two against Texas on Thursday, but on Saturday he allowed an RBI double to Michael Choice. "I dont want to turn it into a sideshow with a position player pitching, but weve got to do something to rest some of the arms in the bullpen," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Detroit actually scored first on an RBI double by Rajai Davis in the second, but Porcello allowed four runs with two out in the fourth. Chris Gimenez hit an RBI double and scored on a single by Martin. The 20-year-old Odor added a two-run triple. Beltre hit a solo homer in the fifth, and Murphys two-run shot the following inning made it 7-1. Mitch Moreland added an RBI double in the sixth, and Odor hit his second triple in the seventh -- this one with the bases loaded. Texas came into the day having used 39 players this season, tied for the most in baseball. Outfielder Shin-Soo Choo was pulled in the sixth Saturday with a sore left ankle, although the Rangers said the move was precautionary. By then, Texas had broken the game open. The Rangers finished with 19 hits. NOTES: Detroits Ian Kinsler and Victor Martinez and Texas Alex Rios had three hits each. ... Detroit RHP Corey Knebel made his major league debut in relief of Porcello. He allowed the three-run triple by Odor. ... Kinsler extended his hitting streak to 10 games. ... There were replay overturns at first, second and third, two on challenges by the Tigers. In all three cases, the call was changed from safe to out. ... The Tigers wore the uniform of the Detroit Stars, while the Rangers wore the uniform of the Fort Worth Texas Black Panthers as part of a Negro Leagues tribute game. ... Detroit sends RHP Justin Verlander (5-3) to the mound Sunday to face Texas RHP Colby Lewis (3-3). Fake Jerseys .The other side of the Bruins special teams unit delivered in the end.Gregory Campbell netted the game-winner with less than 10 minutes remaining and the Bruins fended off a late four-minute San Jose power play to earn a wild 5-3 win over the Sharks. Fake Jerseys China . Playing in his fourth major league game, Polanco broke a tie in the 13th inning with his first homer, helping Pittsburgh to an 8-6 victory over the Miami Marlins after the Pirates had a ninth-inning meltdown. https://www.fakejerseysfromchina.com/ . Jesus Navas bookended yet another huge home win for City by scoring after 14 seconds and again in second-half stoppage time, with Sergio Aguero also netting in each half to add to an own goal by Sandro and a brilliant strike by Alvaro Negredo. Cheap Jerseys . And follow TSN.ca right through Wednesdays 3pm et trade deadline for all the updates. Blue line help for Red Wings? In addition to what he reported in Insider Trading, TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun wrote on ESPN. Wholesale Jerseys . For the Bombers it has been a combination of things coming together at the most inappropriate moments in time. Quarterback, injuries, Canadian talent or depth and leadership are all issues. Trust me when I say being a Bomber is no fun right now in a city that embraces football the way Winnipeg does. While Buck Pierce will be getting another shot, I think Max Hall does deserve another opportunity. NEW YORK -- Marlon Byrd enjoyed his birthday so much that he wants to celebrate it again. Byrd homered against his former team on the day he turned 37, Ryan Howard drove in three runs and the Philadelphia Phillies defeated the New York Mets 7-2 Saturday night. "Im going to stay 36 for a while. Can I do that?" Byrd said after setting a career high with his 25th homer of the season. "Move to another country and come back with a different name." While many of Philadelphias veterans would probably love to reverse the aging process, the Phillies certainly looked young again Saturday -- at least for one night. Jerome Williams pitched into the seventh inning to win his third straight decision since joining the last-place Phillies, who won for the seventh time in nine games. They batted around in the sixth, scoring five runs off Bartolo Colon on seven hits -- all singles. "I didnt do anything different," Colon said through a translator. "I made the adjustments and made some good pitches, but they still put it in play." Ben Revere, Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley singled to start the outburst, loading the bases for Howard. The big slugger lined yet another single to right field, driving in two for a 3-0 lead. One out later, Domonic Brown and Carlos Ruiz added RBI singles to chase Colon. Cody Asche greeted Buddy Carlyle with another run-scoring single before Philadelphia was finally retired in a half-inning that took just short of 20 minutes. It has not been an easy couple of weeks for Colon (12-11), who left the Mets twice recently, the first time to be by his ailing mothers side and the second to attend her funeral in the Dominican Republic. Still the subject of trade speculation, Colon gave up Byrds leadoff homer into the Phillies bullpen in the fifth. He appeared to tire in the sixth, and lost for the first time in four starts against the Phillies this season. "I just think we had some better looks at him," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "I would imagine the guys made some adjustments from the other games that he pitched against us." Philadelphia banged out 12 hits to back another solid performance froom Williams (3-0), who gave up two runs and four hits in 6 1-3 innings.ddddddddddddFacing the Mets for the first time since 2007 with Washington, the 32-year-old journeyman from Hawaii was virtually untouchable for the first six innings. Williams, who is 5-5 overall this year, has enjoyed a resurgence since he was picked up off waivers from Texas this month. Pitching for his third team this season, the right-hander has a 2.03 ERA in four starts with the Phillies. In fact, he hasnt felt this good as a starter since his rookie year in 2003. "Those first two years in San Francisco I felt like I was in a really good groove, and then after that I kind of lost myself," Williams said. "Now Im back to where I need to be as myself." Mets second baseman Dilson Herrera singled in a two-run seventh for his first major league hit. Wilmer Flores had an RBI single, but Antonio Bastardo left the bases loaded by striking out Curtis Granderson. HIT PARADE The Phillies seven hits in the sixth inning were their most in one inning since Sept. 20, 2012, when they had nine in the first inning -- also at Citi Field. MILESTONE It was Terry Collins 1,500th game as a major league manager. Collins has guided the Astros, Angels and Mets to a combined 732-768 record. TRAINERS ROOM Mets: All-Star 2B Daniel Murphy (strained right calf) was wearing a walking boot on his right foot in the clubhouse before the game. Murphy was placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday night, retroactive to Aug. 25. UP NEXT Phillies: RHP A.J. Burnett (7-14, 4.30 ERA) starts the series finale Sunday. He is coming off a dominant performance against first-place Washington in which he struck out 12 over seven innings and snapped his six-game losing streak. The 37-year-old Burnett recently hinted that he might retire after the season. Mets: RHP Dillon Gee (5-6, 3.77) tries to win consecutive starts for the first time since May 4 against a Philadelphia team that has traditionally given him fits. Gee has a 6.53 ERA against the Phillies, giving up 15 home runs over 70 1-3 innings. But he fared much better the last time he faced them, tossing seven innings in a 2-1 Mets victory at Citizens Bank Park. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz